Saturday, August 20, 2016

Miriam's Summer

Hi! Miriam here, as some of you may know, I spent most of my summer in Wisconsin working at Northland Camp, so here are a few pictures from my summer. This is "Camp Lake".

I worked in the kitchen all summer which I really enjoyed! Augie was the camp cook and told us all what to do. We had a bunch of volunteers help throughout the summer so I got to work with a few new people most weeks.

Mr. Jon (Bladine) was the Program Director and did a lot of the staff training.

Dr. Ollila spoke  during staff training and during the family camp weeks. I really enjoyed all the preaching and was really encouraged in my walk with the Lord.

Here I am in front of the Timberside dorm, you can see a part of the dining hall on the right for those that have been here.

I went to Northwood's Chapel for church all summer. One of the pastors there taught dad when he was in collage, so that was neat.

I had my birthday while I was there and Lisa, one of the girls I worked with, took me out for ice cream. 

A rainbow over the chapel one evening after we had a rain storm.

One Saturday they took all the staff to an iron mine and that was really fun.

Our family went to the mine one time about 18 years ago and I have a picture of me here then too. 

We always served buffet style. This is on a weekend when it was just the staff.

The junior campers stayed at Pioneer Village across Camp Lake. I got to share my testimony with one of the girl cabins up there for their evening devotions.

At Pioneer Village they had one tepee set up and every day the cabin that said the most verses got to sleep in it. I had a great summer and learned a lot, and would love to do it again! I'd go into more detail, but we're kinda busy so I gotta go.

1 comment:

We'd love to hear what you have to say!