Thursday, December 8, 2016

Getting Ready for Christmas

I couldn't remember what I said about the Christmas craft show Priscilla and I did, but it went really good. We sold mainly things we sell at the maze with a Christmas twist to them.  

In an effort to downsize this Christmas, I bought everyone a stocking to fill instead of wrapping all the gifts.  The grandkids already love the stocking wall and with nametags on each stocking, they have fun seeing whose is whose. (Or is it who's is who's? :)

Isaac and Aimee cut me a real tree this year.  I love the smell. I love how "real" it looks! I had an extra string of lights so they went out in the courtyard that you can see through the door.

A few years back my dad made me this angel. It needs a new coat of paint, but I still love it and we enjoy hearing the angel playing her harp when the wind blows. We've had about six inches of snow since this was taken.

Miriam had two special little helpers this week helping to make Christmas cookies. It's like seeing Naomi when she was small all over again!

Arthur usually buys my groceries since he goes to Roseau every week for jail ministry. I told him to just get me a bunch of "stuff" to mix together. He did, and here's our Christmas mix. Fast and easy!

Meanwhile, Arthur has been really busy keeping the cows warm and the water from freezing up.  He sold a few calves and thankfully the price has gone up from a year ago.  The big bulk of the beef calves we'll sell in January.

The girls told me I had to do Christmas cards this year after skipping last year. I gave in, and today I've been addressing them and inserting the letter Priscilla wrote. She definitely has a way with words that I don't have, so I'm glad to turn that part over to her.

With the new year just around the corner, I've been thinking about the past year. It was much easier than last year, which was one of those, "I hope it is never that hard again" year. God has been good and faithful both last year, and this year. He always has been, and always will be, even if things don't always seem like it. With that said, I look forward to Christmas, and another year to see what God is going to do. Both in our family's lives, and in the nation, and world. It is an exciting time we are living in!  I joyfully look forward to the Lord's return!! Maybe this Christmas!!

Have a great week, Everyone! God loves you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!