Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Weekend Decorating? I Don't Think So!

It all started while I was painting the living room. Arthur decided I needed new carpet and so I casually mentioned how maybe we should put a bigger window in before we put in new carpet. I couldn't believe it when he said it sounded like a good idea. We went to the window shed in town where Marvins sell their returned or for some reason rejected windows, a fantastic place to go if you're building, and picked out a window.
Isaac helped dad get started early this morning. What a job! What a mess! And what a lot of flies can come in the house in a few hours!
And when Isaac and a couple of the girls took off to go blueberry picking, Arthur continued. As of right now, the window is in but the trim isn't on yet. I saw a weekend decorating show once at my sister's house and this living room project will definetly take more than a couple of days! By the way, it rained all day yesterday so what did the kids do? Well, Isaac took them all out blueberry picking! So far I think they've gotten about 15 pails not counting the ones we've given away.
With all the fresh fruit this time of year Naomi and Miriam made several pans full of frozen fruit cups to enjoy in the next few weeks. They are so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!