Monday, November 2, 2009

Chicken Butchering

We finished off the last 21 chickens today. Isaac and Priscilla had the "fun" job of chopping off heads, gutting, and this year we skinned them all.

Caleb, Miriam and I cut them up - when Miriam wasn't eating them anyway :) Naomi bagged them. Mostly we froze them cut up and cooked the carcasses for soup, canning, or freeing the meat after they were deboned. I am so glad to have that done!! Now we can work on packing for our trip. Just Arthur, Hosanna and I are going, by air. Should be lots of fun! Everyone else is going to be busy at home so the time will go fast for everyone.

Please pray for:
My brother-in-law that the doctors will be able to help him with a health issue.
For a baby we know in the hospital with pneumonia.
For Isaac as he looks for God's direction.
For Hosanna to remember what she's learned and for travel mercies.

Thanks!
Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which though knowest not!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is SOME Chicken butchering!!!!! WE tried it once when I was little, but our chickens were all pretty tough, and we havent done it since....:-D

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!