Monday, October 12, 2015

End of the Maze for 2015

Well, the maze is officially over in one hour.  The girls are over at the maze, in the freezing cold and wind, with just a few guests here and there all day.  It's been a good season with several really nice, record breaking, weekends.  In fact, the total count as of this weekend makes it our biggest year ever.  It is all so weather dependent as next year could be our smallest if  God should choose to send lots of rain. We are thankful though that God did send nice weather, that no one got hurt  "too" bad, and that everyone seemed to have a good time.
While the girls are at the maze, I've been home cleaning up from the mess of putting in a new floor.  Both the dining room and kitchen are done and I think it looks pretty good.  Thank you, Isaac!  It was actually done a few days ago but we haven't had time to put the furniture back till today.  As you can see, I put up a few fall touches, including Arthur's deer mount that we always put up in the fall where we can all see it.  I'm not sure I ever mentioned the buffet, but I got it from my mom, who got it from my grandma way back when she was first married, after Grandma had used it for many years.

Now, I'm tired.  We all are.  We always are after the maze is over.  After a few days of cleaning up at the maze, we can finally clean up the yard that has really gone downhill in the last two months and get the house clean again! Hopefully get caught up on sleep too!

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. The floor looks wonderful and I love that beautiful buffet! Looking forward to seeing you all in a week and a half! Rest up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Looking forward to seeing everyone down there too!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!