Saturday, October 5, 2019

This and That, a Random Picture Post!

I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew I had to try it! Well, I have a three year old granddaughter who already loves tea, bandaids, salve, elderberry syrup, etc and so I knew it was time to make these for her birthday. I mainly wanted to try out the new embroidery feature on my new sewing machine and this was a fun project to try it on.  What a fun project. Now I need to try something harder!

Over at  the maze, its been raining for almost three weeks now. Pretty depressing! This was taken a couple of weeks ago when we had 10" in one week. It's a lot better now, but still really muddy.

I've been trying to get pictures of workers this year. These are some of our Maze Patrol guys, Darren, Ethan, and Eli. Couldn't run the maze without them!


And this is the fabulous food crew: Priscilla, Jessica, and Krystal. Awesome girls!

We had some company last Sunday and pretty much if you come to our house for any amount of time, we're going to make you go through the "Sven and Ole Escape Room"! 

Our company from the other side of the border! 

We're swamped in peppers this year so Priscilla has been making lots of jalapeno poppers and some to freeze.

Can you smell it? I love the smell of
spaghetti sauce cooking on the stove! Miriam has been so faithfully taking care of the garden while the rest of us are over at the maze, including canning lots of tomatoes, and freezing a lot of corn.

Arthur had a birthday this week and so he took a few grandchildren out goose hunting on his birthday. They didn't get anything, but they sure had fun!

And then the maze! It keeps on a going week after week, regardless of rain! The grandchildren love coming over to volunteer work or just to play with their cousins. What great memories they are making!

Well, that's about it. I scheduled workers more this fall so I would have more time at home so that's why I'm free to post in the middle of a Saturday afternoon! We're in the home run stretch though and have groups almost every single day till closing day on the 19th.  Pray that we can keep going without getting sick or something!!

You all have a wonderful day and Lord's Day tomorrow and enjoy the blessings God has sent your way!

3 comments:

  1. That''s a LOT of rain!! So glad you all are doing well!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! It's been a while since I have visited your family's blog. Y'all came to mind because I remembered someone in your family knew how to re-bind Bibles. Maybe I'm totally off, but if I'm right...do they still do it? Anyway, I hope you all are doing well!!! May the Lord bless. In Christ, Naomi Ungry (Alaska)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Naomi! We actually don't have anyone in our family that rebinds Bibles. My daughter-in-law, Aimee, makes Bible covers so maybe that is what you remember? She makes leather covers. I can have her get in touch with you if you want. Otherwise, I would just do a search online and see if you can find a place. Sorry I can't be more helpful! Enjoy your fall if its still fall there!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!