Friday, January 24, 2020

Glorie

It's been so busy since Christmas. I really wanted to do some blog posts, even tried. Backing up in time, our main computer, crashed in early December. Not good. I had so much stuff on there and I'm not really good at backing stuff up. I had backed up all my pictures the week before though! Anyway, Arthur bought me a new one for Christmas, almost exactly like my old one which I really liked. And here's the problem. It would not let me download pictures for a blog post. Today I tried something new and dowloaded Opera, a web browser, instead of using the Explorer the computer came with and voilá, it worked! Much faster too!

The big news is a new grandaughter! Isaac and Aimee had a new little girl named Glorie! It was a long labor, but it went okay is she ever an adorable little girl!! Here's the happy grandpa!

Martha checking out her new little sister. Such love this little one will have!!! 

Heidi will be a perfect big sister!

Priscilla enjoying the new little one!

Miriam taking her turn at holding the new little one. Such a blessing from God! The longer the labor the harder I pray and its such an answer to prayer to finally have the child in world and the baby and mother doing fine! Isaac and Aimee are great parents and we enjoyed watching the other  children while she was in labor.

Once January hit, I started working on maze stuff. Honestly, it takes months of prep on my part! This week I started tackling craft projects for the Granary. The plan is to bring back the gift shop and I know those plans could change, but I want to be prepared. If not, Priscilla enjoys bringing her books to craft shows and these things can go along. These are mini sticky notes. 

These are note cases. I also made some other sticky note "thingy's" and other notebooks. I love doing this kind of thing so it really wasn't work! Finished today and put away the HUGE mess I made.

January is also when we go through the church library, section by section, reorganize the books, and figure out which ones are missing, need fixing, need to be pulled or replaced.  We did that yesterday and now we make overdue slips for last year.

Arthur has been doing some construction on a house and usually takes Eli or Mathias or even Daniel along to help. He is also excited to have his first AI calf of the year.  A nice big black angus bull. There are a few other AI ones that should be born here and there but the bulk of the calving won't start until March / April.

Priscilla just got back from a trip out to visit one of her cousins so she is feeling refreshed and encouraged!

Miriam continues to do housecleaning for some ladies and keeping our house on track.

Next project? I think next week I'll work on some projects with my new Cricut Maker.  So excited to see what I can come up with for the Granary!

May God bless you all in the coming year and give you a desire to serve Him and follow Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!