While I was still in bed this morning Arthur came in from milking the cows and ask if I wanted to go to Grand Forks today. No problem waking up then! We had a really nice day shopping and hitting Sam's Club, Menards, etc. All those wonderful stores we have to travel three hours to go to. (Actually, it's really nice living a long ways from these stores or we'd be broke! Plus, it's easier to be content when you don't know what's out there.) Anyway, one really nice thing was, we got gas at Thief River Falls for $2.99!!! Anyone care to share the price of gas where you live?
The girls were wonderful and canned spaghetti sauce for me when we were gone - thanks so much my little women!! When we got home tonight Arthur went through the mail and found this "Job Resume" joke and when you're tired things always seem funnier so we thought we'd share it with you.
1. My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned. I couldn't concentrate.
2. Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it and so they gave me the axe.
3. After that, I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it, mainly because it was a sew-sew job.
4. Next, I tried working in a muffler factory, but that was too exhausting.
5. Then, I tried to be a chef - figured it would add a little spice to my life, but I just didn't have the thyme.
6. Next, I attempted to be a deli worker, but any way I sliced it I couldn't cut the mustard.
7. I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patience.
8. I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.
9. I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work was just too draining.
10. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a historian - until I realized there was no future in it.
11. My last job was working in a coffee shop, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.
12. So, I tried retirement and found that I'm perfect for the job.
"A Merry heart doeth good like a medicine..." Proverbs 17:22