Saturday, October 18, 2008

Soybeans...

Arthur took a picture of the soybean field today. I know it looks awful, but not to farmers. In fact it's finally "ripe" enough, or close to ripe enough, and so Arthur's dad combined a truck full. I guess they still have a little too high of moisture so he might not finish right away.
I've eaten dried and salted soybeans but had never seen them fresh out of the field. They look a little like black eyed peas. They're sold to use in oil or some kind of soy product.

It's been a quiet day today. The girls and I have been doing a little weekend cleaning. The guys are doing, well, I'm not sure what they've been up to - this and that I guess. Arthur is mowing a field for a neighbor today and did a town run - for this and that, and to put up a few more political signs.

We have a potluck in church tomorrow for Pastor Appreciation Sunday and so we've also been doing a little cooking for that. I'm trying out a new grape salad recipe I just got from my sister. She made it one time, and it was so good, that I would put it up there with one of my very favorite salads. I'll try to get a picture and post it but unless you come, wherever you live in the world, to church, you won't be able to taste it. You are very welcome any time to show up though!! The service is at 10:00am. If not, and I doubt you will, be sure to go somewhere tomorrow to fellowship with God's people and to hear from his Word. Have a great day!!

(Arthur told me after he saw this that the field picture is really a neighbors field!! It does look like our though!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!