Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Historical Election...

II Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, which are called by my name shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

You've heard it everywhere, go out and vote, and I trust if you're old enough you will do that! Especially as Christians, we need to "rule diligently", and for this day, vote.

One thing I keep getting reminded of is something that happened one time in our church. A person who visited said, "This place hasn't changed at all. It's the same as it was years ago." Now it wasn't said in a possitive way. Anyway, sometimes things need to change. More often than not, however, most change is negative. Churches, and governments that change usually change for the worse. So far our country still has it's freedoms more than anywhere else in the world. No, everyone isn't as rich as they'd like but change will not affect peoples' pocketbooks in a positive way. Those without initiative to work will be poor regardless of what wealth a politician promises. So with all of our freedoms, the only real way to change is to give them up. I don't think I want change. Yes, I'd like to get rid of abortions. I'd like to do away with the governments education system. I'd like to see a simpler tax system, and more. But as far as our freedoms go, I don't want change! Then again, ask me in four more years! I might just want change!!

Please vote for freedom today! Pray for our country and realize that regardless of who wins, God's hand is in control.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!