Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fishing ...

"Hi, Grandpa and Grandma, McCanne! I have learned to smile if someone smiles at me and I can't wait to smile for you! This is how bundled up I am if Daddy and Mommy take me somewhere. I can't hardly move but I keep warm. I love you, Grandpa and Grandma!"
The ice on Lake of the Woods is finally thick enough to drive on and go ice fish. Arthur figured it was between 12 and 15 inches thick. Silas got a little bored so you can see he's chopping ice with an ax - maybe it's to help keep warm.
They drove out with the truck and there were very few people out today - also very few fish out today! They got two!
No, it's not really the end of the world! Lake of the Woods is suppose to be the 100th largest freshwater lake in the world and people come from all over to fish in "our lake" as the locals would say. If you go out to a certain area in the middle of the lake you can't see land in any direction so it's a pretty big lake. If you go up into the Canadian side there's a lot more islands than large open water. Isaac reminded us when he got home how glad he was that God said man was to have dominion over the fish, birds, and other creeping things!



1 comment:

  1. Ice fishing! I can't imagine! We celebrated the change of season Dec. 21 with a beach bonfire (minus bonfire - turns out they're not allowed Dec-March on our favorite local bonfire beach...go figure).

    Nice to find your blog. Looking forward to learning some parenting and homeschooling tips from a pro! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!