Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Heaven ...

I woke up this morning thinking about heaven. I've had two "near death" experiences in my life and ever since then I have enjoyed studying and thinking about heaven. I guess I was enjoying how excited Arthur is over a gift he's expecting this Christmas, and how excited the kids always are for what's coming in a few weeks. We should be just as anxious and excited, and more, for the Lord to return and to see Him one day in Heaven. Imagine how exciting that will be to see loved ones who we miss, old Bible men and women, no pain and imperfect lives, and most of all time with God and our Savior face to face!

At the same time, we love our lives here on the earth and have a strong desire to live and survive and enjoy it. I often wonder if God won't take away some of our freedoms, and comforts here in America to make us more willing to let it all go. Anyway, that's what I was thinking about this morning. Each day brings us one day closer to His coming again or our deaths. It is said we must prepare as if we have 100 more years but live as if he is coming today.

We have about 40 regular visitors on this blog and I think most of you are saved, but if not, why don't you put your faith in Jesus today so you can be sure that one day you will go to heaven. Today would be a great day to do that. If you already have made that decision, I trust that you are looking forward to the Lord's return.

2 Peter 11-14 "Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with a fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless."

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. Somedays Heaven can not come to soon, but I am enjoying the time He has given me here as well. I kind of have a selfish request that he not come back till I get to meet my baby.

    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!