Friday, February 27, 2009

Blueberry Muffins and a Bird

Hi! Mom is gone this morning, and I so got left with the responsiblity of putting something on the blog - since we haven't done anything really exciting this week and we "happened" to take a picture of these muffins, (some of our very favorites!) I thought we'd give you the recipe. Normally, Miriam is our muffin maker, but Priscilla made these - and they turned out! (actually she is a good cook!) Oh, and we always double the recipe...

Blueberry Streusel Muffins

1/4 cup softened butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
2 2/3 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup blueberries

Mix butter, sugar and egg. Add dry ingredients and milk and vanilla. Fold in blueberries. Fill 12 greased muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.

In small bowl, combine: 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 cup butter

Sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 min.


The girls had a little surprise this morning - Silas walked into their room with this bird! He had rescued it from the dog and thought Miriam should take a picture of it. It did escape from him a few times - but he was able to recatch it! I'm not sure what kind it is, but Isaac said they're never around in the summer.
Matthew 10:29-31 - Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall to the ground without you Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...your muffins look SOOOOO good...I just used the last of my blueberries yesterday in a pie, but now I'm wishing I had some left to make muffins...great, now I'll be craving blueberry muffins all day!! :) LOL. Oh, and the bird is adorable, whatever it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. those muffins look so good!!!
    That bird is ADORABLE!!! I love nature, and often in the summer when our cat catches birds, I'll try to rescue them.:) It is really awesome being able to see wildlife up so close!-Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help! My profile picture is gone!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!