Monday, October 4, 2010

Gorgeous Days for Harvesting

One more picture for Mr. C.'s benefit up in Alaska.  Yes, he got down safe, and no, he's not trying an "Anne of Green Gables thing"!  No leaks in the barn this year. 

The girls mentioned that I hadn't done a canning post and so I thought this picture summed it up.  Miriam has been my right hand and done so much of it this year.  Thank you, Miriam!  I'm so thankful too for those that shared tomatoes and peppers with me! 

God has given us so many gorgeous days lately!  The guys did silage last week and despite the mud never got stuck once.  Which reminds me, Isaac is off doing sugar beet harvest and he is the guy who pulls the other guys out when they get stuck.  Yup, there's enough stuck equipement to have one guy full time on the job!

It's so easy to praise God when the harvest is as nice as it was this year.  I hope we remember to do the same in bad years.

My father-in-law getting the soybeans ready for selling.  They also did very good this year.

I was back and forth to the field while they were doing silage and caught the sunset shining through the castle gate over at the maze.  We had a really good weekend at the maze, our best so far.  This coming weekend is our last!  I really enjoy the maze but will also enjoy having more time when it's done. 

Father and son working on equipment. Well, that's it for today.  I have supper to get ready...

5 comments:

  1. They are trying to get a bunch to go Saturday after soccer tournaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some beautiful farm photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's amazing that all Isaac does is pull people out!! LOL. It's pretty soggy here too tho, after all the flooding the last couple weeks. Anyway, I miss you guys!! Hopefully we can make a run up there after Naomi's baby is born. :)

    P.S. When I just went to enter the verification word, it was "unglum"...not sure that's a real word, but it made me laugh because the first thing I thought when I read it was "Hmmm, that's what Isaac does." :) Haha...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful jars!!!! I love canning, and I love the look of all the hard work and faith put up on a shelf in colorful rows of preparedness!!!!

    So many questions! I love reading and learning about farm life . .. but there are so many questions that come up as I read the things you write! like; What is silage?

    What I would give to spend a year at your side, learning how you do it all!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!