Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The "Indian" Princess

She just showed up today, apparently kidnapped by the Chippawa as a baby from some settlers in Minnesota, and is recently back in white man world.  She let us know that her shirt was made from a buffalo leather coat and her skirt from the heap big buck she shot this last fall with a piece of it from her Chief father who shot a doe.  The mocassins were stolen from a squaw's wigwam.  We have decided we better adopt her lest she end up who knows where!

A lot of you probably already know this, but I didn't.  (I did know they were edible but always pulled them off)  You can use those wonderful chive blossoms to make a really tasty, colorful salad. So glad to finally have something we can eat out of the garden!

I thought our nephew, Jeshua, would like to see this nice picture we got of him with the biggest northern he's ever gotten.  Nice, Jeshua!  While the rest of us slept off our tiredness from the last two weeks Isaac took his cousins fishing to relax.  Nothing like fresh breaded walleye fried in butter!  Yes, we know the butter and breading makes it not as healthy but it sure is good.  Quite often we do bake them the healthy way with a sprinkling of dill weed on them.

Have a wonderful day.  How!

Psalm 95:3
For the LORD
is a
great God,
and a great King
above all Gods.

4 comments:

  1. That's funny, though your princess looks an awful lot like someone we know, but it can't be, cause she is always smiling. Nice fish Jeshua. Uncle Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Krahn family,
    What a wonderful post about your new "Adopted" daughter--how industrious she is! I am eager to meet her, and you all, soon.
    Greetings from the Bornemann family. That would be Robert, Dawn, Cora, Andrew, and Jacob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi (Dawn's cousin)June 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

    I am so happy you posted the picture of your Indian Princess. I met her at the spelling bee, and she gave me every detail of her dress and said I would see it the next day. Only the next day I heard that you had to leave early, so I was disappointed that I didn't get to see it. Tell your daughter that I think she is so talented to have made this. : )

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!