Friday, July 8, 2011

Catch Up

Yesterday Aaron and Naomi came over to help work on the granary over at the maze.  Naomi and I scrapped old paint off...

While Aaron gave the windows primer and a nice dark green coat of paint.  Esther was a good little girl and slept most of the time.  Thank you for your help, you two!

Backing up a bit, thank you so much for all your nice comments everyone.  I think it cheers all of us to read them.  Yes, I know we need some new profile pictures and header.  As soon as there's time!  And yes, Arthur has been asked to teach at our local christian school this next year.  He's excited.  He taught about five years when our kids were young and has always enjoyed teaching.  Back then, it all started when they asked him to substitute one day.  Well, the teacher never came back and so he stayed on.  We have always homeschooled our kids and will continue even when he teaches elsewhere.  Speaking of homeschooling, we only have Silas and Priscilla left :(   I will miss this part of life when it's over.  Like Naomi says, it's one of those identity things.  If you're not a homeschool mom, what are you?  Guess I'll have to really settle in to that Grandma mode!  I'm already enjoying that! Have a few years to go before we're all done though.  As for Arthur teaching, I'm not sure how we'll swing it with how busy we are but we believe it's God's will and so it just has to work out.

Lori, yes, both Arthur's dad and my mom have a number of double cousins. Kinda neat.
Isaac, Miriam and Hosanna are getting ready to leave for two weeks of camp tomorrow.  They are really excited!  It's up in Ontario and they'll be counsellors, teachers, and kitchen help or whatever.  It's quite primitive with no plumbing or electricity.  Anyway, we've been preparing them by having a plumbing issue at our house this last week.  After having just bits of time here and there to work on it, we think it's finally fixed.  Thankfully!

Well, enjoy your nice day wherever you are and be not weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not!


2 comments:

  1. That's a bad picture of me :) Doesn't matter - since our camera is down, you'll have to keep people updated for a little while...We'll miss the kids while they're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with the homeschool mom thing! I homeschooled both through graduation from 2nd and 5th grades. I wouldn't trade a minute of it and I am now reaping the rewards of children who serve the Lord and love His word. I believe the homeschooling helped point them in that direction, though I know a child schooled another way can still love the Lord! However, I don't regret a minute of it. I am a grandma too, only my grandchildren have moved away--so sad. Their daddy is in Bible school--so glad! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!