Sunday, March 6, 2016

Shipping Cattle

Saturday morning it was pretty gorgeous out with the heavy frost. Arthur loaded up the bred dairy heifers and headed down to the cattle auction. The roads were slick and he said the cattle trailer slid a little, but he made it fine. 

I don't have a green thumb by any chance but I did get this amaryllis to bloom again this spring. I'm pretty amazed that I didn't kill it over the winter and it sure adds a little color to the kitchen this time of year.

The girls tell me I need to post more often. I say, we are almost to our 1,000 post and that it might be a good time to stop. After all, it seems like I post the same things year after year. Don't worry, I'll keep posting if you don't mind reading the same old thing year after year!

Meanwhile, our family has some big decisions to make regarding the farm. If you think of it, please pray that we would have wisdom to do the right thing at the right time. I mentioned to the family that it would sure be a lot easier if God would tell us like he told Noah to do this and that, exactly like this or that.  My family reminded me that it might be more like Abraham who was told to move on, with no hint of where to go! (We're not planning on moving just for the record! Unless God tells us to anyway :)  Life is sure a walk in faith! Like Elizabeth Eliott said, "Just do the next thing."

May God bless you all and give you a wonderful week soaking in His blessings that come in the rain or sunshine!

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy the blog. ;) I check it pretty much every day. ;) And I will be praying for you guys. Can't wait to get back up that way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ella! I know Aimee is excited to have you come up!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!