Tuesday, March 6, 2018

This and That


The girls had their cousins over the other night for a cousins game night.

Playing Dutch Blitz with that many people is just crazy!

We got the privilege of watching several grandchildren last week and Miriam had the fun of entertaining them with Rosa. I just loved the laughter on their faces as Rosa sang "The Bible Stands" to them!
This might not look like much to most of you, but we have never had the ice or water working on our fridge because our house just wasn't plumbed for it. Silas decided that had to change and came over one day and within an hour he had the ice working and the water running! A big thank you to Silas! I love ice in my water so this is pretty nice to me!

Arthur and Isaac have been busy caring for the cattle and ran them all through the chute yesterday to vaccinate them. Arthur works some pretty long days. He was complaining about being tired (after a long day working cattle) so decided to take it easy yesterday and only work 12 hours (a short day for him). He was still tired at bedtime and thought he must be getting old!

Miriam has been tackling a painting project for me this winter, which also includes removing wallpaper, and a host of other things. Our stairs and hall landing will look so nice when she's done!

The other day we decided to make some wontons and egg rolls. I went into the grocery store, went to get the egg roll and wonton wrappers in the vegetable section of the store like I always do. I must've looked confused or something because a local Laotian woman asked

if I was planning on making egg rolls. I said yes, and she shook her head. She said I do not want to use those egg roll wrappers. She waved her hand and said to come with her. I followed her to the freezer section where she showed me large packages of egg roll wrappers and wonton wrappers. She said the others didn't taste good and these are the right ones to use. They were a lot cheaper too! I thanked her and felt blessed by what she taught me. We actually didn't like the egg roll ones quite as much as the other ones but the price made them taste better! And we roll the cream cheese wontons up just like the egg rolls. I'm sure the Laotian lady would be appalled at how we Americanize their food!

Well, that's it for today. I need to get working on the projects I want to get done before spring! Remember that God loves each of you and cares about you! Looking forward to the day when we can see His face! 

1 comment:

We'd love to hear what you have to say!