Wednesday, September 19, 2018

25 Years!



We had our church's 25th anniversary on Sunday. It was such a special day from the beginning to the end. After the morning service, with a great message, we had a very nice banquet with a time to share memories and praise.

Each family made a quilt square and Jaime had it made into a quilt for our pastor and his wife. (Dad and Mom :)  The squares were so beautiful!

There was lots of special music including the guys who sang, "A Passion for Thee".

The young people sang the "Wonderful Jesus Medley" in the morning service and a variety of VBS songs in the afternoon service. I could listen to these guys and girls all day! I loved the beautiful smiles on their faces!

We are not a big church and we are certainly not a perfect church but I still love our church.  There is no need to try to impress each other, we are like one big family. I don't have children anymore but I appreciate how everyone is like an aunt or uncle or grandparent to the children and teens and how everyone looks out for each other. I appreciate how it feels like an escape from the world where we can put aside the problems of the week and just fellowship and worship God. I appreciate the heart for God this great group of people have. I especially enjoy seeing the young men or young ladies or even children voluntarily getting into groups some Sundays to have a special prayer time or to quote Bible memory to each other. I also enjoy seeing the kids playing after the service! I enjoy having heart to heart talks with the other ladies and how they challenge me to live for God. I appreciate how everyone takes care of each other. Bring meals to each other. Offer to help with projects if they need it. Give hugs when needed. Give money if need be. Share vehicles if someone is going on a trip and theirs isn't reliable or help get their's fixed.


I've enjoyed all the Vacation Bible Schools, the Christmas Programs, the ladies teas and brunches, the special speakers, the Bible memory programs, the baptism services, the share nights, and so much more!

We are a fairly young church for this area and have had our growing pains. But I also remember how the people of this little church wrapped us up in love when our Samuel died. I remember getting meals and prayers for weeks when Priscilla was born. I remember lots of prayer for Arthur when he hurt his back. I remember other families who have received great amounts of help at times. I appreciate it all. I appreciate getting challenged in the messages. I appreciate the missionaries we support and getting to know them.  I pray that God, if He tarries, will give us another 25 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!