Monday, April 21, 2008

MACHE Convention - A Great Time!


Arthur and I along with Amos and Rebekah went to Duluth this last weekend to attend the MACHE (Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators) conference. There were about 4,800 people there, mostly parents which was really impressive. There were also oodles of vendors there and I'm glad I had my checkbook along and some cash. Arthur hit a lot of the workshops geared toward dads and husbands and I went to a number of them on children who struggle with their school. I learned so much it's almost too hard to process. Anyway, we stayed at the Radisson where they have a revolving restaraunt on the top floor. The picture shows us listening to the men that were going table to table playing for everyone. The view of Duluth is beautiful at night. It reminds me of the verse in Matthew 5:14 that says, "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid." Just like Duluth could be seen for miles if you out on Lake Superior, people should be able to see the light of Jesus shinning in us. It was so enjoyable but it's good to be home again. The CAT tests arrived (in Minnesota we're required to test students that homeschool) while we were gone so today Hosanna, Silas, and Priscilla were subjected to this government assignment. Oh well! I enjoy looking to see how they've done and compare results from year to year. Have a great day!




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I see they didn't take my suggestion of disposing of them. :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!