Saturday, May 30, 2009

Git Going, Cow, Git Going!

Yesterday the guys moved some cows out to pasture using the cattle trailer but today since the field they were moving them to was fairly close, Arthur decided it would be just as easy to just herd them down the highway. Some went in one field just fine, but the others ...
...well, it wasn't as easy as it looks. The cows wanted to go where the other cows were...

... and the calves wanted to go wherever they felt like going. Some decided they didn't want to go anywhere! I love this picture of them running! We don't normally have a lot of traffic on our highway but it seemed like everyone was out today. I'm sure it was quite amusing watching a bunch of us on foot, four wheeler and van trying to get them to go where they should. I'm afraid I didn't help a whole lot because I let a few rebel cows slip by me.

Arthur led them with buckets of grain. Aren't the dandelions nice looking? I'm so thankful to have a husband that enjoys what he's doing even when things don't go just right.

Naomi made three cakes today. This one is for a graduation. She always has a hard time knowing what to put on guys cakes. Would a high school senior guy really want roses?!
This picture is a little blurry and she hadn't done the bottom trim yet when I took the picture. It's for an anniversary tomorrow, as is the other cake she made.
Have a great Lord's Day tomorrow!


Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God.




3 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like an adventure!:P Those pictures are awesome, especially the cows running!:)

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. just think if our society liked cat milk.....you imagine herding them????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--You did a great job on the cakes, Naomi! I too just decorated a graduation cake for a young man and decided against roses as decorations. :) Your ruffle on the anniversary cake is lovely!!!

    I really enjoy reading your family's blog, as I can relate to so many of your experiences! I'm glad you were able to get your cows moved--eventually...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!