Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One More Marshmallow, Please?

Having a picnic on our one nice day was really a nice change of pace. Ethan especially enjoyed the marshmallows, or was it roasting them till they burned?
And another marshmallow! After the picnic the younger ones, (those that can play fast after eating), played a rousing game of Capture the Bones.


Finally things are slowing down a bit. The guys got all the corn planted and some oats and some wheat so that was a real blessing. I was getting really run down from going non-stop since before Miriam's graduation so I took yesterday "off" and slept for hours. It felt so good! I'm so glad God designed sleep to rejuvinate us. The beef cows are almost done calving so that makes life a little easier for the guys out checking them.


On another note, Hosanna and Priscilla and Silas are in the Bible Bee most of you have probably heard of. I asked Priscilla for a verse she's learned to share with you all:


Psalm 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord my strength and my Redeemer."

1 comment:

  1. Thank God for nice weather and naps!!! :) I've been pretty worn out the last few days, and have been so thankful to be able to just rest when I need it...probably the only pregnancy I'll ever have with THAT luxury!! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say!