Monday, February 6, 2017

Early February

Last week we had the privilege of watching Aaron and Naomi's three oldest for a few days. As a girl, Priscilla had these Indian dresses she lived in, and is really excited now when her nieces love to wear them! They also dressed up in some clothes from the "dress up trunk" so we could have a tea party all fancy dressed like.

I had no idea when I made homemade play dough that Aaron would play with this stuff for hours! He just couldn't leave it alone. It made for some easier days watching this little guy!

The kids loved getting sled rides too! Both Arthur and Eli read lots of books to them as well.  So, it was a busy week, but fun.

Other than that, we've had some colds in the house ;(

We've been working on the Valentine Banquet at our church this coming Sunday. You're all invited! It's on the 12th at 6:00 pm and is for the whole family. We'll have a banquet meal followed by a program. Please RSVP though if you come!

Arthur has been diligently getting cattle separated and making plans for shipping the calves on Thursday. A yearly highlight! We won't have as many to sell this year because he is saving most of the heifer calves.

I really wanted to do more Bible memory this year. The last few years I've been doing various verses in the Bible but really wanted to tackle a passage. I decided to go through Scripture Memory Fellowship and learn the Ten Commandment passage, Exodus 20:1-18. I'm sure I've learned it before, but still have so much trouble remembering from day to day what I learned the day before. Teach your children a lot of Bible memory when their young! I'm convinced that those who learn their Bible when young remember so much more than when you wait till you're my age to learn it!

Well, you all have a wonderful week enjoying God's blessings!
Count them, and name them one by one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!