Saturday, December 1, 2018

Winter is Here!

Winter is finally here and with that all the things we have been waiting for, like a change of pace! From April through October its go, go, go. Now its just this event or that event. Quite nice! I also enjoy having more time to have my personal devotions instead of just doing what I "have" to do! I much prefer just reading my Bible till I feel like I've learned what God wants me to learn that day without time constraints! Also, there is no shortage of things that need prayer and so its nice to have a little extra time for that as well.
Today Priscilla had her book signing for The Fudged Up Murder book she wrote. She held it at Caribou Coffee and her table looked so pretty! She enjoyed visiting with family and friends that came, and a lot of strangers too. This is her "old-lady fiction book" as its something those more my age would read. People were actually brave enough to try out her fudge samples!

It gets dark so early! That makes for some really long nights to play games! We tried out an escape room game and loved it! No, I am not endorsing escape room table games. Most have themes that you probably don't want to waste your money on. This one had a little time travel in it, and was fun.

We do a lot of babysitting here at home and one thing the girls love to do is play dress up! Over the years we have collected quite an assortment of things so it's always fun to see what they come up with!

Every year when the maze is done I work on a room in the house and give it an update. This year Miriam was needing a dresser and I really wanted to give her my grandma's that I was using.  That led me to think I should give away Arthur's dresser too which was from his grandma and Amos and Rebekah took that. So, I got a new small dresser for my side of the bed, and we took Miriam's old dresser and cut it down to match mine. This dresser was made by my great grandpa with no screws or nails and has to be around 100 years old!

Miriam painted the room for me. Thank you!!! And we did some other fix it projects at the same time including some drywall work which I am starting to really enjoy after doing it so much over the years.

Last year we got Priscilla a wall jewelry armoire. It is really nice but I really wanted a bigger one. I looked all over online, and unless I wanted a $1,000+ one, there just wasn't one as big as I wanted. So, Arthur built me one! It looks like a picture on the wall except the trim which is a little crooked. That's my fault. I made the frame when he was gone one day to save him time!

The inside has room for all my jewelry and then some. Plus a couple of shelves for perfumes, and other stuff! The door has more necklace hooks along with earing hooks and storage. I've had the glass door knobs around for awhile for a different project and instead they worked great here. I really don't wear jewelry that much but sure enjoy having a place to put it all instead of trying to keep them all untangled in a drawer! I still would like to mount a mirror tile in it instead of the little mirror. If anyone has one laying around, let me know! If we have time this winter, we will work on our bathroom too. It really needs some tender loving care!


Our church is having their ladies Christmas party on the 15th. You're all invited!

On another "note", we have been singing through hymnbooks during our family devotion time. We finished two that we had, after a long time, and I just bought the Living Hymns hymnbooks to start on. It has around 900 songs in it so we can sing out of this one for a LONG time! We could use some other voices since our family is shrinking if anyone ever wants to join us!!

So that's about it for now. Have a great evening everyone and make sure to pray for your pastor tomorrow, tonight too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say!